Patty Cake Nannies has a rigorous screening process in place to ensure you the very best caregivers in the nanny and household staffing industry. All of our candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Two years minimum of professional caregiver related experience related to job position, and/or a bachelor’s degree in a child-related area of study.
2. Excellent verifiable employer references
3. Valid Driver's License.
4. Reliable, Insured vehicle for use on the job(if applicable).
5. Driving Record Check
6. Completion of 10-page application
7. English fluency
8. Ability to give a 1 year minimum commitment (for permanent placements only).
9. Interview with a Qualified Member of our Staff
10. Employment verification
11. Document review (i.e. identification, auto insurance, certifications, degrees).
12. Current CPR/First Aid Certification
13. Non - Smoker
14. U.S. work authorization
15. National Sex Offender Registry Check
16. Criminal Background Check
17. Social Media Check
18. High School Diploma or higher
19. Verification of good health
20. Social security verification
In addition to the minimum requirements we welcome (but do not require) candidates with the following:
Child Development Courses (Montessori, 45 Hour Certificate)
Formal Education (2 or 4 Year Degree)
Teaching/ Tutoring Experience
Passion for the Music, Arts and Theater
The ability to speak more than one language.
Passion for cooking and baking.
Special Certifications: Swimming, Certified Newborn Care Specialists
Knowledge in Different Parenting Styles (ie. RIE, Attachment, Babywise)